Happy New Year everyone! Just like that, another year done and dusted. Where is the time going?!
There’s been so much talk about how horrible a year 2016 was for everyone, but being a total optimist, I feel as though there’s always some good in the bad. The bad shapes you to be a stronger and wiser person, while the good times keep you moving forward. There’s always a bit of good in the bad, and a little bad in the good *yin yang style*. And as such, while 2016 was a trying year for some, I can’t help but focus on my highlights of the year.
Here’s a quick look at my top 5 highlights from 2016:
- I started the year off in a resort in Kerala (India), where at the stroke of midnight we released lanterns into the air and welcomed in the New Year. On the days following, we explored the area and went jet-skiing on the famous backwaters *thumbs up*
- Visited extended family in Hyderabad (India), explored locally, and spent a weekend at my Uncle’s farmhouse where all us cousins stayed up all night, before grabbing our blankets and sneaking out in the wee hours of the morning to catch the sunrise over some rice fields. *thug life*
- I had my first travel piece published online, you can read it As a result of that travel article, I started this blog!
- I graduated university, and started teaching. Such a huge milestone! There were times where I thought I’d never make it to the end of my degree, it felt never-ending! But alas, I got there in the end, and boy was it worth it. I love going into work every day!
- I enjoyed lots of time with my loved ones <3
2016 may have been a bit of a bumpy ride, but it was still a good trip! Here’s to you, 2016! May the next year be bigger, bolder, and brighter for all of us!
P.S. If you haven’t already seen through my Instagram (@baneeno_), I flew to Fiji this morning! Follow me on Instagram and check out my insta-stories to keep up with my trip!