The Pylon Lookout is another Sydney gem! The Harbour Bridge is sandwiched between two pylons, which act as the structure that hold the wiry arms of the bridge up. One of the pylons has been turned into a lookout spot! I hadn’t actually heard of the Lookout before, and wouldn’t have visited had I not been given tickets following my Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb. It was a great opportunity because the view from the Lookout is different to any other place in Sydney because of its vantage point, and its side-view so close to the Harbour Bridge which makes it really special. You can even see Bridge Climbers making their way up the bridge!
- Adult tickets are just $15
- There are roughly 200 steps leading to the very peak of the Pylon, but along the way there are exhibits and information about the history of Sydney, and the history of the Harbour Bridge
- There is no limit to how much time you can spend at the Lookout (as long as you abide by the opening and closing hours)
- The Lookout wraps all around the Pylon, so you get to see Sydney from multiple vantage points
- The views are fantastic, and you can get some great pictures. Even the traffic looks awesome from up there!
The Pylon lookout actually offers similar views as The Bridge Climb – minus the spectacular side-on view of the Harbour Bridge! It costs a fraction of the price for The Bridge Climb, and doesn’t have nearly as much walking. So if the Climb isn’t something you’re interested in, you might want to consider checking out the Pylon Lookout instead! Or, if you’re anything like me, you might want to do both! I had great fun with both things, and really enjoyed seeing Sydney from a whole new angle!
Had you heard of the Pylon lookout before? Comment below and let me know!